Tuesday 7 November 2017

100000 Visits to The Ukulele Restoration Barn



At such a monumental number i thought it was time i started adding some new restoration jobs to the blog.

Ive taken some time away from ukuleles over the past year or so, but recently due to a change in my job i found myself with some time on my hands. Those old ukes gathering dust were soon stripped down in bits in my workspace.

Currently i have around 8 instruments in various stages of restoration, and i will aim to show these during the process.

I also have a couple of cracking banjoleles hanging around that i didnt get around to showing on here.
I've developed my own techniques to achieve this clear sheen finish without using spray cans.

Slowly adding the same layered finish to the necks.

On this UB-2 even the skin ring has been replated. The new owner wont even notice until the vellum needs to be changed!

I hope to keep your interest up with lots more restoration jobs to come. If you are looking for a high end restored instrument please get in touch as i do sell my collection from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment