Friday 30 December 2011

The Ken Timms Soprano






Here is my pride and joy!

a Soprano uke made by Ken Timms. all mahogany, with ebony fretboard, nut and saddle. Kens wife Janet usually french polishes the ukes, but mine was finished in Tru-oil by myself.

A fantastic uke to play, perfect sound and volume, plays quietly but also barks when required.

so light to hold, easy to play. i've played a few Martin ukes which Ken has based his designs on and there is no difference. in fact i would say Kens ukes are better.

Ken is a whizz at making and designing all sorts of things, not just ukes. He has also helped me with various restorations and repairs too.
an all round first rate fella!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely--lucky you! I you ever decide to part with this, I'm your girl. ... Patricia O'Conner, email stepatty@grammarphobia.com

    ReplyDelete